- A client or any person wanting to complain against an attorney-at-law for professional misconduct must visit the Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee, located on the premises of the Barbados Bar Association at 'Leeton" Perry Gap, Roebuck Street, St. Michael
- The client must collect 2 forms:
(a) "A FORM OF APPLICATION AGAINST AN ATTORNEY-AT-LAW"and;
(b) "A FORM OF AFFIDAVIT BY APPLICANT".
The first form must be filled out and signed by the APPLICANT and the second form must be signed by a JUSTICE OF THE PEACE.
- The complaint will then be reviewed by the Committee in a formal hearing to determine if a case of professonal misconduct is made out against the attorney-at-law.
- Where a case of professional misconduct have been determined the Committee must within 21 days forward to the Chief Justice a report of its findings and any recommendation for appropriate sanctions to be instituted agianst the attorney-at-law.
- The matter is then heard before the Court of Appeal and the court shall either endorse the recommendation of the Committee or institute its own sanctions against the attorney-at-law.